Saturday 15 March 2014

Major Project Production Bike Parts #Shock

Creating the back end suspension now and I created the rear shock to two models of shocks in the real would using the cane creek double barrel for the major work and then the fox DHX 5 for the piggyback part.


I used an image of the can creek rear shock as a template. The image shows a rough build up and block stage of where the pieces go.


This then became more detailed and allowed me to work out how long the shock spring needed to be all the parts seen are separate and constructed using cylinders.
  

This stage I began to add in the smaller details like the shock attachments at the end of the shock, While also creating the spring itself. For the spring I used the spring prefab found in Max and then edited it at either end so that the spring fitted perfectly against the metal pieces 


I continued to add in some more finer details and create more of the piggyback.


This image shows the final outcome and shows the way I attached the piggyback to the shock and allowed me to add in the dials of the piggyback as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment