Monday 10 March 2014

Major Project Production Bike Parts #Crankset


After creating the most part of what makes up the wheels, I decided to move on and create the crankset. This was done by using techniques already explained in the wheel Blog. 


As for the chain ring the technique used was the same as the make up of the cassette rings but slightly modified to create make it different, meaning where the four bolts join go throw to allow attachment of the ring to the crank arm the verts were slightly pulled in creating the shape shown.

The crank arm itself was made up of 3 individual objects creating a blocked out shape.


This image Shows the crank arms more refined and also mirrored.


I then needed to create the part that joins on the crank arm to the chainring. This was done by creating a box with some subdivisions to which I formed a shape that was similar to an existing crankset. I duplicated this around the crank arm to each of the bolted areas found on the chain ring.



I then modified the first bracket object for the crank arm so that they are able to connect and weld together but also create the right form and shape. 


I then created the final part to the crankset, the pedals. This was done by using an image plane reference of a burgtec mk3 pedals. Instead of welding the to pieces together I kept them separate, using the same UV space. For the pins I created a high poly model of a cylinder and created a spring object. For this I then used the boolean tool again to create the final effect.


Final Image of Crankset 

No comments:

Post a Comment