Wednesday 21 May 2014

Major Project Production #Environment Bushes


The next object I decided to create was bushes, this was so that I kept the consistency with the trees etc.

 To start creating my bushes for my game environment I started with the tree branches I created for the pine tree's. Created the main form from three different branches and then also altered them slightly.


I then created a plan and while doing so ensured that it was unwrapped filling the UV space, this usually does this automatically but wanted to be on the safe side. I then duplicated it many times while also changing the size and rotation this took a while. I wanted to show first the grey version.


 This is was what I was actually working with to give me the feel of where the branches need to go etc.


As I imported the mes into marmoset I noticed something strange my textures flipped so changed them. This was a test before putting it into engine.

This image shows what the fix version looks like.


Second bush was again taken from a branch from the tree's I made.


Again grey out version of the mesh to show what it really looks like without textures.


This is the object in 3ds max with textures.


Finally placed in marmoset before exporting into engine.


Keeping with the same fashion of the tree's I decided to make three bushes this one being the smallest.
There for not needing a branch. Grey out frame of the mesh.


Actual mesh and texture I used to get the idea of shape.


Marmoset improt before engine 



Finally started to get the bushes into the engine. Before doing so I setup Material ID's for the object so that it came in as one mesh. Allowing each part to have a different texture.


All Three lined up in engine 


Material setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment