Monday 19 May 2014

Major Project Production #Rider New Texture sheets

So after the process of reworking my unwraps several times, I managed to finally come up with this design. I understand that there is still a lot of free space however due to the time restrained I was under I needed to solve the problem quick. This then lead to me being able to project my work onto my low poly objects to create nice AO and normal maps.  


The Diffuse texture has the AO map overlaying the flat colours I created in Photoshop. The shorts and gloves diffuse I was able to get from the bake out of Zbrush. The rest of the diffuse I needed to create from scratch. This process I enjoyed as the graphics of the jersey was a real challenge for me to do as. I needed to ensure that the yellow lines and areas all lined up with each part so they looked right. The most painful part of the jersey was the Main ONE logo as the letter E stretch across the seam of the arm this too time to a line right. The knee pad I was unable to bake out the diffuse colour however managed to get a AO from X-normal so I just recreated the work in Photoshop. For the skin and face I took images from online and manipulated them to fit.


For the Normal Map I used the bakes I got from X-normal and complied them all together, I also used NDO to get the skin texture as a normal and Zbrush to get the normals for the gloves.

For the spec map I used NDO, this was done by taking my normal map and creating it into a specular this took a long time due to my 8k texture sheet.


The next character sheet was also constructed the same way all colour was created in Photoshop, While using the bakes from X-normal to overlay the colour to give shadow and depth. 


For the helmet itself I imported it into Zbrush allowing me to use noise maker to add a bit of surface detail, While also again complied my bakes onto one sheet. For the goggle straps I used NDO which took the diffuse colour sheet and created the map.


I used the same process for the the specular map of using my normal map and used NDO to create the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment