Sunday 18 May 2014

Major Project Production #Rider Zbursh Sculpt Shorts


To start off I imported my base mesh from my low poly character and followed the same process of subdividing only when need. I also decided at this point to create poly-groups. This allowed me to sculpt certain areas on the mesh as the image shows, but also make them separate from the mesh. This makes it easier for me to work on. 




This image shows me masking off the sculpted area ready for making it a poly group. 


I also added in the detail at the back but again also making it a different poly group. This was down to me making it a clean work flow for when it came to using the noise maker.


This image shows the first stage of me using the noise maker to create a mesh like effect. This was also done on the back panel. While the main part was weave and cotton like noise effect.


Then started to block in colour and as my theme is black and yellow I wanted to make my character pop, so decided to make the shorts yellow. While keeping the mesh parts black. I also started to begin adding the minor details like zips.


Image Shows the back of the short mesh.

The details then lead on to adding pocket zips and stitching seams. While using the spotlight to project the branding of clothing I chose the rider to wear. Again at this point I soon realised that my unwrap of my mesh would work properly, so I again went back to my base mesh and redone the unwrap and imported the new mesh to which project the work i've done onto.


This is the back of the final mesh.
With this all completed I exported the mesh out at the highest subdivision to use to bake in x-normals.
This allows me to bake a nice normal and AO map. For the diffuse I use zbrush still by creating the Uv map size of 8k and creating the diffuse from polypaint option. The reason for using x-normals instead of zbrush for the normal map was down to personal preference both came out well as tested. But need the AO from X-normal so decided may as well do the same with the normal. However yet again I needed to edit the unwrap and topology of the lower mesh and for that reason I decided to use the high poly mesh as a reference and use 3d coat to repo the mesh. 


After repo mesh was finished and completely unwrapped the way needed I projected the mesh and created the diffuse texture. This gave me the opportunity to make a better flowing mesh anyway so for me it was time well sent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment