Thursday 3 April 2014

Major Project Production Rider (Character) #Shorts


Moving onto the next major part of the character the shorts.


This mesh was again take from my second year project, As trousers I then cut away the lower part keeping what I needed.

I then removed the two front pocket sections of the mesh and filled in the gap. While also adding in topology around the top and lover parts to give the shorts some thickness.


However I soon came to a problem, With the adjustment I made around the pocket area it looked weird in the viewpoint like it had to different smoothing groups applied, however this was the case and when rendered looked fine. This did worry me and I though I need to get it fixed just in case it doesnt look right in Games Engine.


I came up with the simple fix by exporting the model out as an Obj into Zbrush and then back into Max, This fixed the issue some how and made the whole mesh look complete.


I then made the leg parts slightly wider and then the mesh was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment